Friday, November 16, 2012

Getting back after a bad week

This week hasn't been that great for me. It was because of a combination of personal and professional reasons, but the end result was just a tremendous amount of heartache. Living alone in a foreign country, with no friends or family around for support can be very challenging at times like this. You don't really know what to do or whom to talk to. You don't want to bother your family in your home country because they'd just get worried and obviously won't be able to help you out given the distance. Yes sure, skyping to tell them your problems might be an effective way to vent, but its not really enough for either party involved. It might just end leaving you a little frustrated.

I felt a little lonely and miserable for some time but realised that the only way to get over this would be to just talk to someone. And thats what I did. I spoke to people. People (like me) usually underestimate the power that talking to strangers has. Strangers don't judge, they don't question, they just look at the facts you present and give you an outsider's view - something very useful. When you are attached to something or someone, more often than not, you do not really see it/them for what it/they really is/are. You see things the way you want to see them. And people who have invested time and emotion in you and your life, see things from their point of view. In such cases, the objectiveness that strangers bring to your life is like a breath of fresh air.

So in the end, things worked out (or will work out, I hope). But the thing is, I'm hopeful. For the future and my life. Probably, some day I'll look back at this time in my life and laugh, but till then, its full steam ahead!

Till a happier next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. hi! i'm xinroumao ,chatted with you during the Web Chat, still remember me ?

    ReplyDelete