Friday, November 2, 2012

Among other things...

So when I started this blog, I thought I would post as much about my upcoming wedding as I would about my life here. Clearly, that hasn't happened so far. To say that I didn't expect school would keep me this busy is a lie. Okay, maybe not this busy, but I expected it to be intense! So far, ever since I've been here, I've had no time to devote to my wedding. Considering its only two and a half months away, I'm starting to get anxious now! Not because things aren't going to plan, but simply because it would be so much more easier for me to be around while things were actually happening. Since that can't happen, three-way conferences with my Mom and my fiancé, Prasant, have been essential to my existence.

However, this weekend-start of the week was extremely difficult for me. Sandy made sure of that. For the uninitiated, Sandy refers to the hurricane that wrecked the North-East. So Sandy basically ensured that I had no/limited connectivity to the net, making me fall behind not only in homework but also my wedding prep. Its exceedingly difficult to plan a wedding from across continents as it is, but once your only mode of connection to the people who are actually executing your plan is cut off, it becomes downright impossible. I did, however, use this time to catch up on my reading and expanding my wedding decor photo album. Not that it did me a lot of good - if I was confused about what colour theme I wanted at the wedding before, I'm waaaaayyyy beyond confused now! Who knew there were like a million shades of purple and that they each looked 'different' when lighted up!? And flowers! Don't even get me started on them!

I did, though, as you can see, survive the storm (and quite well!) as did my wedding planning and my schoolwork. While we are behind a little, I hope to be able to catch up over this weekend. But wait! A school friend from India is coming over this weekend! There goes this weekend. Sounds really mean, but thats the life of an overworked grad student, planning her wedding. While I'm super excited and happy that my friend is visiting, at the very same time, that doesn't stop the thought at the extreme back of my head. The thought that basically says, 'you have homework to do' and 'your wedding menu is STILL undecided'. Ah well. Such is life. Even if I get my homework done and decide the menu, a ton of other work will crop up. So what's the point fretting? I think I'll take my own advise and end this rant now! Probably get some homework done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment