Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My friends at Penn!

So in all my excitement of writing about my wedding and my sorrows and my troubles catching up, I forgot to tell you all about this AWESOME welcome back surprise party my lovely friends at Penn threw me. On my second day back, April, my friend and a fellow IEDP cohort-member, called me up to make plans for dinner. I agreed (reluctantly!) with half a mind to cancel in the evening. But April outsmarted me! She turned up at my house at 6 pm, to pick me up. So basically, with no way out, I had no choice but to step out for dinner with April. As it turned out, it was no ordinary dinner but a surprise welcome back party that my friends had organised for me. I want to use this space to thank my lovely IEDP cohort members for making me feel so special, especially April, Laura H., Auken, Ashelyn, Jon, Amos, Beza, Molly and Josh for being there! Everyone else, who couldn't make it but wanted to - its the thought that counts! I love you all!

Josh, Auken, Amos - thanks for the lovely music! April - thanks for the space and putting it all together! And a special shout out to my dear friend Akoss for planning my 'surprise pick up from the airport' with my husband. You are all beautiful people and I'm super lucky to have you in my life!

Leaving you with a few photos from the evening and a promise of IEDP profiling in my next post!

Much love,





Akashi

No comments:

Post a Comment